Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Back from the Framers

(And I'm sorry, Michael's....you did a decent job, but there is no WAY I would have paid 60% more for this.  Your markups are ridiculous, and I know you do it just to have the near-constant "sales.")
Country Cottage Needleworks' "Cowboy Dreams," stitched over-one on 28-ct. natural linen.
Many floss substitutions made, and I turned the rabbit next to the horse into a dog.

This is going to be a gift for my mother-in-law, her husband (my husband's step-dad) was a country veterinarian, and was often referred to as an old cowboy.  And he really was...shoeing horses, caring for livestock and house pets alike.  He is now suffering from Alzheimer's, and it is very sad to watch.  I'm sure this piece will be well received, even if there are a few tears.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the frame molding you selected for your piece. What a lovely piece you created for your MIL. I like the change from the rabbit to the dog. Well done!

LindaLee said...

Love your piece and I understand what you mean about the prices. I've gone over to Hobby Lobby a couple of times and found that the prices were lower. Work was just as good and they don't need any money at all until you pick your piece up. Give them a try.

Beth said...

What a wonderful gift - tears and smiles both I expect!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...