Monday, January 29, 2018

New Plans

Over the weekend, I pondered the WIPocalypse Olympic Challenges a bit...and in the end, I did decide to get out Family Treasure III and power through.  That's not to say that I won't get distracted by other shiny things, but this piece is loaded on the scrolls and staring at me (either wistfully or accusingly, depending on the day) from the table next to my stitching chair.  Here's where it stands as of last night -
The top, including the cute little fence and gate, is already rolled around the scroll.  On the right is the model picture - sadly, it is tiny and dark - and the circled bit is the hearts that I turned into lazy daisies.  Thankfully, that motif isn't repeated anywhere!  It was one of those circumstances where the first one or two were lovely, and then frustration set in as I tried to get the rest to "match."  I did okay in the end, but afterwards I put this piece away for months (years?).  But I'm back at it now!  I've also added beads - white ones in the border, and an occasional pink or purple one here and there.  You can see some in the big bouquets underneath the lazy daisy rows.

And then my daughter found something she loves.  
Sigh.  It is Stoney Creek.  And it has 5 different shades of Kreinik.  Can I finish something like this before she outgrows it?  Argh.  I don't know quite what to do.  I typically gravitate toward designs that feel more "timeless," and little girls quite often aren't so enamored with unicorns and rainbows as they get older.  I've already planned to change the quote - if I stitch it, I'm leaning toward a J.K. Rowling line about magic (she's been getting teased by kids on the bus about believing in magic).  We'll see.  I'm sure I've got some hand-dyed fabric that looks suitably "magical," at least...

1 comment:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I've had the same thought about something 'timeless' when stitching for my nieces. I can see why your daughter loves it.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...