Thursday, May 10, 2018

Updates and Answering Questions

First, my Maynia updates-
1) Turrets and Town.  The brown variegated thread is Ship's Manor "Ganache," and after looking at those little trees, I decided they should be green....that is "Three Fairies Green" from Romy's Creations.
(This is a phone pic - as is the next - and really aren't the greatest.  I'm sorry!)

2) Progress on the "Pumpkin Dragon" as of last night.
From what I can find via Google, the designer is Dutch, and it looks like the company no longer exists (Atelier Naquesh, I think?).

And now for some answers to questions!
The "sachet paper" that I used in the little Shaker box was in a little potpourri hanger packet that I found at A.C. Moore for $1.  I was actually expecting the packet to have the crumbly potpourri stuff in it, but when I opened it, it was just several layers of scented paper - a bit heavier than tissue paper, but not quite stationery weight.  It ended up working better than the loose bits might have, anyway, since I could cut small ovals and they laid nicely between the batting layers.  I looked for the product I used on A.C. Moore's website, but couldn't find it there.  :/
I did not take any classes at Celebration this year - I have in the past, and while they are fun, they are also expensive.  And I have many unfinished class projects in my stash, anyway!  So this year I chose to only attend the Saturday night dinner event. It is also not cheap, but the proceeds benefit breast cancer research, and it is a fun evening.  The rest of the weekend I just stitched and shopped.
Finally, yes, I think the Garden State Java fabric does have a mottled green/brown cast to it.  I've become quite partial to green fabrics lately.....

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for providing answers! Will have to keep an eye out for the sachet 'paper'. Both of your projects look good.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...